A Daughter's Struggle
Growing up, Cathy had a strong bond with her father, Stan, and remained close to him over the years. In fact, after she moved away from home, they would speak on the phone no less than one time per day.
As Stan aged, his health started to diminish, and he required extra help around the house with basic daily living activities. With a need for daily assistance, Cathy began researching Home Care companies in the area and hired the one that appeared to have the qualities she was looking for. As time passed, the caretaker was consistently late for his shifts and missed days without notice. Cathy called & emailed the agency and was never able to connect the same day. Typically, a day or two would pass before the agency responded to her concerns. As time passed, the caregiver and agency were not able to provide the care that Stan needed and soon developed a pattern of tardiness and poor service. Cathy then had to start her search all over again to find a caring and capable home care agency.
Family Ties Home Care strives to provide high-quality and compassionate care to our clients that will maximize their quality of life while keeping them in the comfort of their own homes. We also want to provide our employees with a great workplace that allows them to serve our communities as part of a responsible local business. Family Ties Home Care takes a holistic approach with each client to ensure their expectations are exceeded. We deeply care about our clients, our team members, and our local community.
The Family Ties Home Care Difference
- Ownership’s commitment to exceeding expectations and a culture of caring.
- Transparent communication—See Family Room video.
- Emphasized focus on preventative care.
- Client assessments
- Initial detailed client assessments are utilized to establish a proper care plan.
- Assessment reviews are needed to ensure care plans stay relevant.
- Home Safety Assessments--See Home Assessment video.
- Home Safety assessments are created to ensure the living environment is safe and corrective action plans are created when necessary.
- Change in-condition reported on every visit.
- The Change in Condition protocol, developed as part of a multi-year study with Harvard Medical School, provides transparency into clients’ health by identifying changes in a patient’s condition and monitoring these changes in the home.
- Hospitalization tracking
- Gaining visibility into patient admissions is a powerful capability acute-care providers are looking for.
- Fall prevention
- Falls are the number one cause of accidental deaths in older people. One in three adults over the age of 65, and one in two over the age of 80, fall each year. Fall prevention strategies can help to avoid accidental injury and death.
- Professional Caregivers
- A detailed recruiting & hiring process is in place to ensure only the best Caregivers are hired.
- Registered with the California Department of Social Services.
- Comprehensive Employment Screening – See Employment Screening video.
- Certified Training
- Caregivers exceed California’s annual training requirements
- Continuous certified training is provided to increase awareness and knowledge
- W2 Employees
- All Caregivers are directly employed by Family Ties Home Care LLC
- WorkSafe – See WorkSafe video.
- Safety program for Caregivers and clients.
- Worker’s Comp Insurance
- Comprehensive Insurance Policy
- Top-rated technology platform utilized for all clients.
- Detailed assessment of each client’s plan of care.
- Caregivers utilize the operating system to follow care plans and document during each visit.
- Approved loved ones have access to view notes, updates photos, and more.